Choosing the Right Type of Print
for Your Space
When buying a fine art print, choosing the style, look, and medium to print it on can be overwhelming due to so many different options. Below, I outline what is offered throughout the One for the Road Photography shop and provide details to hopefully help you choose what type of print will look best in your space, whether that be your home or commercial setting.
MetalPrints are created by infusing dyes directly into specially coated aluminum sheets allowing them to take on a magical luminescence. This unique printing method gives photos a breathtaking luminescence, incredibly vibrant colors and unsurpassed detail and resolution. MetalPrints are durable, waterproof, scratch resistant, and come ready to hang with no framing required. These are available in three different surfaces:
- High Gloss: Brilliant white high gloss surface for unsurpassed detail and vibrance.
- Mid-Gloss: Similar color intensity and detail as our High Gloss option, with reduced glare.
- Satin: Smooth, very even and soft appearance with minimal glare.
I highly recommend metal prints and they have become one of my favorite ways to display my artwork due to the vibrancy, contrast, and depth. These prints have a modern look that even displays well in fairly dim rooms with no direct lighting.
These Metal Prints come in standard sizes up to 40″ x 60″, but larger options as well as triptych metal prints may be available upon request.
Acrylic Metal Prints
A sleek and modern mounting option for a stunning metal print. The 1/4″ acrylic face enhances and protects the underlying print and is mounted with four stainless steel posts. These Acrylic Metal Prints will be delivered display-ready with hanging hardware attached.These Acrylic Metal Prints come in standard sizes up to 30″ x 45″.
Traditional Giclée Canvas Gallery Wraps
Traditional Giclée Canvas Gallery Wraps are fine art prints printed directly onto a museum quality canvas material before being wrapped around an artist’s stretcher frame. A protective spray coating is applied to the surface of each print to help prevent scratches and other damage. These canvases have part of the photo visible on each side of the wooden frame.
These wraps are a stylish, lower-cost alternative to traditional framing and are delivered display-ready with hanging hardware attached. Canvas wraps are available in standard sizes up to 40″ x 60″.
Photographic Paper Prints
Beautiful photographic paper prints produced on four types of paper.
- Lustre – Lustre paper is an extremely popular choice with beautiful, rich colors and true blacks and pure whites. These prints appear as a great middle-ground as they’re not too flat, but not glossy either. These images will be printed on Kodak Endura Lustre E paper, which has a fine grain pebble texture.
- Glossy – With distinctively bright and bold paper, glossy prints provide a smooth and polished look with more saturated colors and brilliant whites. These images will be printed on Kodak Endura Glossy paper designed for that smooth, glossy, and shiny finish.
- Metallic – Metallic paper has a unique sheen for stunning impact and depth. This is definitely the paper choice if you’re looking for colors that jump right off the print and blacks/whites that shimmer and shine. These images will be printed on Kodak Endura Professional Metallic paper, which has a glossy/smooth finish and metallic/reflective appearance.
- Giclée Watercolor – Giclée watercolors are printed on premium fine art paper (heavy, 310g paper) with a subtle texture allowing them to take on the look of a masterpiece painting. This acid-free paper is 100% cotton fiber and is finished with a water-based protective spray.
Other “Fine Art Prints” are available upon request. These Fine Art Prints are made with high-quality archival inks on fine art papers using a high-resolution large format inkjet printer.
These Photographic Paper Prints come in standard sizes up to 40″ x 60″, but larger options may be available upon request.
Framed & Matted Prints
Sometimes a large print just isn’t big enough – I’ve partnered with First Chair Designs out of Edwards, Colorado, to offer giant panoramic images that are perfect for huge floor-to-ceiling wall murals. These images provide a broad expansive space to feel more sophisticated and professional, lively and upbeat, or peaceful and calming.
Please note that at this time, wall wraps are only available locally in Colorado.
Some Fine Print:
- Please be aware that metal prints over 30″ on the short side, or over 40″ in length must be crated to ensure safe delivery. This prices will be in addition to shipping. (Save by ordering 3 large metal prints and using one crate!)
- With any specially requested order, I will require a deposit up-front. Deposit will vary depending on the size of the order.