The Teton Crest Tail, Day 5 – Not on Trail! Just Relaxing in the Tetons
Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming
Having come over the Paintbrush Divide, we were supposed to be waking up in Upper Paintbrush Canyon on our final morning of the Teton Crest Trail. Instead, after being chased off trail by some surprise snow, we were waking up in warm beds at Jackson Lake Lodge.
We were pretty bummed to have not finished the entire trail, but after hearing that it rained and snowed throughout the entire day and into the night, we were pretty relieved and we knew we made the right decision. It just would have been miserable and put a damper on the entire memory of the trip.
But instead, in looking back, I was pretty relieved to just have a couple of days to just be relaxing in the Tetons. Any time I had visited in the past, I always had a big agenda – places to hike, scenes to shoot, and camp to find. For once, it was really nice just kicking back with some of the world’s best scenery and nothing to do…
The 2014 Teton Crest Trail:
- Hiking the Teton Crest Trail
- Day 1: A Mellow Day to the Middle Fork of Granite Canyon
- Day 2 (Part 1): Marion Lake & Fox Creek Pass
- Day 2 (Part 2:) Camping Along the Death Canyon Shelf
- Day 3: Rushing Through Alaska Basin & Over Hurricane Pass
- Day 4: Bailing Out Cascade Canyon
- Day 5: Not on the Trail! Just Relaxing in the Tetons